George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated project manager to join our growing team in our St. Petersburg office. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture, we are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best, and we want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees. Our competitive benefits, pay structure, bonus programs, stock options, referral fees, and relocation opportunities can offer peace of mind and planning for your future.
This position is a great opportunity to develop and run your own engineering team in St. Petersburg, Florida and take your career to a new level. Quickly make an impact and become essential to GFY’s success and receive the recognition, credit, and compensation you deserve.
Assists in planning, designing, and directing civil engineering projects by performing the following duties.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serves as a project manager or senior project engineer and as a designated client contact.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Develops engineering agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Attends client meetings
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Directs and supervises other engineer’s activities – may perform duties of a supervisor
- Handles contract administration.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Instructs draftspersons / technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Responsible for project manager and/or project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Florida Professional Engineers License, valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate for this position should have at least 8+ years of experience that includes the following:
- Land Development engineering projects consisting of Urban Redevelopment, Commercial, Mixed Use, Institutional, Industrial, and Educational site development.
- Working as a Design Team partner with Architects, Planners, Landscape Architects, MEP and Structural Engineers
- Being a primary or sub-consultant professional with Private Sector Developer Clients and/or
- Being a primary or sub-consultant professional with Public Sector client management
- Business Development networking
- Relationships with Regulatory Agencies
- Experience with MS office, MS Project, AdiCPR, PONDS, and AutoCAD Civil 3D
All full time employees qualify for benefits after 90-day integration period, including health insurance, personal time off and paid holidays.