The George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) team has a passion for innovation. It’s how we’ve served our clients, both public and private, for over 104 years and collaborated to transform the communities we live in for the better.
Our core values of integrity, quality, and service – have created a culture that leaves a lasting impact on those we have the honor to serve in any capacity.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree in engineering and at least 10 years of relevant experience. The candidate will plan, design, and direct civil engineering projects.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serves as a project manager or senior project engineer and as a designated client contact.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Develops engineering agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Attends client meetings – days or nights.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Directs and supervises other engineer’s activities – may perform duties of a supervisor
- Handles contract administration.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Instructs draftspersons / technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Responsible for project manager and/or project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida
- Valid driver’s license
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development, tuition reimbursement, and community involvement.
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
About George F. Young, Inc:
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida, in 1919 by pioneer engineer and surveyor George Fleming Young, George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains a Florida-owned company today. GFY has become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, parks and recreation, property transaction, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality, and service have created a collaborative and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth, and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!