George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our St. Petersburg & DeBary FL teams. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture. We are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best. We want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees.
Utility (SUE) Lead Locator Position:
This is a full time position with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the underground utility locating field.
For this Position we offer benefits that include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time off, Paid Holidays, Life and Disability Insurance.
Responsibilities for this full time position include the following:
The Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Lead Locator is responsible for all aspects of electronically, and physically locating underground utilities.
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and reports time keeping for all project related activities.
- Supervises daily work activities of SUE Techs working on Utility Location Crew.
- Responsible for locating and designating underground utilities vertically, and horizontally utilizing Vacuum Excavation Truck, Ground Penetrating Radar and Electro Magnetic designating equipment.
- Drives, operates, and maintains vacuum excavation vehicles.
- Setup and maintains Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) setups.
- Keeps accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Coordinates findings with project manager, survey manager, clients, and other.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Responsible to care for and maintain all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) issued by the company.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work site environment for all utility crew members.
- Out of town travel may be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work Outdoors
- Designating/locating experience is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean Motor Vehicle Report