George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing team in our DeBary office. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture, we are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best, and we want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees. Our competitive benefits, pay structure, bonus programs, stock options, referral fees, and relocation opportunities can offer peace of mind and planning for your future.
Qualifications for this full time position include the following:
The Survey Crew Chief plans, organizes, and directs work for survey crew to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, and title work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determines methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control and boundaries.
- Keeps neat and accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Coordinates directly with survey manager.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Responsible to care for and maintain all appropriate Personal Protective (PPE) issued by the company.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work site environment for all utility crew members.
- Out of town travel may be required.