George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing team in our DeBary office. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture, we are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best, and we want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees. Our competitive benefits, pay structure, bonus programs, stock options, referral fees, and relocation opportunities can offer peace of mind and planning for your future.
Qualifications for this full time position include the following:
The Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Lead Locator plans, organizes and directs work for the Subsurface Utility Location Crew. The SUE Lead Locator is responsible for all aspects of electronically, and physically locating underground utilities. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience in the underground utility locating field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and reports time keeping for all project related activities.
- Supervises daily work activities of SUE Techs working on Utility Location Crew.
- Responsible for locating and designating underground utilities vertically, and horizontally utilizing Vacuum Excavation Truck, Ground Penetrating Radar and Electro Magnetic designating equipment.
- Drives, operates, and maintains vacuum excavation vehicles to provide vertical location and disposition of underground utilities.
- Setup and maintains Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) setups as well as all related safety and other field tasks.
- Keeps the vacuum excavation trucks and support vehicles stocked with appropriate equipment, supplies and tools, paints, flags, signs, asphalt, concrete, etc.
- Keeps accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Coordinates findings with project manager, survey manager, clients, and others concerned interests with project.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Responsible to care for and maintain all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) issued by the company.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work site environment for all utility crew members.
- Out of town travel may be required.