George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) is seeking a Senior Survey Manager (PSM) to join our growing survey team. At GFY, we are proud of our work dynamic and culture. We are friends and coworkers. We encourage team building and strive to provide a workplace that assures creative thinking, growth, and balance. Being founded over 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality, and service to our clients and employees.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 10 years of experience managing multiple projects in various aspects of survey work. The candidate should have a strong background in several of the following: ALTA surveys, design surveys for roadways and pipelines, including reading and interpreting Right of Way Maps, construction layout, and staking, including reading and interpreting construction plans, and preparation of calculations for a stakeout and reading, interpreting, and preparing legal descriptions. In this role, a strong background in the preparation of subdivision and condominium plats, as well as topographic surveys, is a plus. As the Senior Survey Manager, the role will also require business development efforts; you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a high-paced environment. You are expected to identify gaps and emerging program requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will assist in developing the overall BD strategy for internal and external partnerships and campaigns.
- Project Management:
- Manage and supervise all surveying and mapping projects for your market area while adhering to project schedules and requirements.
- Collaborate with client representatives and project stakeholders to understand project goals, scope, and deliverables.
- Prepare and review project proposals, cost estimates, and work plans for client approval.
- Ensure quality assurance throughout project execution
- Team Leadership and Coordination:
- Lead a team of surveyors and mappers, providing guidance, training, and support.
- Assign tasks, establish priorities, and monitor team performance to ensure project goals are met.
- Foster a collaborative work environment, encouraging teamwork, knowledge sharing, and professional growth.
- Coordinate with other departments and subcontractors involved in projects to ensure smooth project progression.
- Surveying and Mapping Expertise:
- Utilize advanced surveying equipment, software, and methodologies to perform accurate field surveys and measurements.
- Conduct surveys for highway alignments, right-of-way boundaries, control points, and topographic features.
- Prepare and review survey plans, legal descriptions, right-of-way maps, and other survey-related documents.
- Ensure proper geodetic control and coordinate systems are established and maintained for all projects.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Develop and implement quality control procedures to ensure accuracy
- Conduct regular reviews of survey data, measurements, and mapping information to identify and address any discrepancies or errors.
- Perform quality audits on completed surveys
- Client Relationship Management/Business Development:
- Act as a primary point of contact for client representatives and project stakeholders regarding surveying and mapping matters.
- Communicate project progress, issues, and findings to clients and other stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all clients and stakeholders, addressing their concerns and ensuring their satisfaction.
- Seek opportunities for additional projects and collaborate with business development teams to secure new contracts.
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position shall include the following:
- Registration as a Professional Surveyor and Mapper in the State of Florida, in accordance with Chapter 472, Florida Statutes
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in surveying and mapping, with a strong background in FDOT projects.
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience is mandatory
- In-depth knowledge of FDOT surveying and mapping standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Proficiency in using surveying equipment, such as total stations, GPS receivers, and data collectors.
- Advanced skills in surveying and mapping software, such as AutoCAD, GIS, etc.
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service and meeting project schedules
- Support to overall strategic planning and business development efforts within an organization
- Demonstrate an understanding of the shifting landscape faced by A/E/C firms, including the value of partnerships and the changing regulatory environment
- Maintaining and growing current accounts along with successfully Identifying and secure new business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill in planning, organizing, and managing multiple work assignments concurrently
- Familiar with engineering design and construction practices
- Skills to coach, mentor and motivate employees
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development including tuition reimbursement and community involvement.
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
About George F. Young, Inc
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1919 by pioneer engineer and surveyor, George Fleming Young; George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains a Florida owned company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, along with parks and recreation, property transaction, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality, and service have created a collaborative, and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth, and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!