The George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) team has a passion for innovation. It’s how we’ve served our clients, both public and private, for over 104 years and collaborated to transform the communities we live in for the better. Our core values of integrity, quality, and service – have created a culture that leaves a lasting impact on those we have the honor to serve in any capacity.
The GFY team is seeking a Roadway Project Engineer who is interested in being part of an influential work environment. This position will primarily report to mid-level and senior engineers to assist with engineering and technical disciplines, including site design, roadway, utilities, stormwater, permitting, and construction observation. This position will work alongside experts in all civil engineering disciplines where mentorship plays a vital role in professional development.
- Produce plans, specifications, and required deliverables on assigned projects on time and within budget.
- Follow supervisor’s lead on procedures, calculations, regulatory requirements, and engineering practices.
- Provide design and production support in the development of construction plans for roadway projects for clients and municipalities.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Proficient with the use of MicroStation and OpenRoads Designer
- 4-8 years of experience in transportation roadway design
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license required.
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development including tuition reimbursement, and community involvement.
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
About George F. Young, Inc
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1919 by pioneer engineer and surveyor, George Fleming Young; George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains a Florida owned company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, along with parks and recreation, property transaction, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality, and service have created a collaborative, and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth, and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!