George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) is seeking highly motivated Survey Project Managers (PSM) to join our growing survey team. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture. We are friends and coworkers. We encourage team building and strive to provide a workplace that assures creative thinking, growth, and balance. Being founded over 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of five years of experience managing multiple projects in various aspects of survey work. The candidate should have a strong background in several of the following: ALTA surveys, design surveys for roadways and pipelines, including reading and interpreting Right of Way Maps, construction layout, and staking, including reading and interpreting construction plans, and preparation of calculations for a stakeout and reading, interpreting, and preparing legal descriptions. In this role a strong background in the preparation of subdivision and condominium plats, as well as topographic surveys is a plus.
- Ability to manage a project from initiation to closure within the determined time frame and budget
- Must have strong communication, leadership, problem-solving, and calculation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and solutions
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is mandatory
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position shall include the following:
- Registration as a Professional Surveyor and Mapper in the State of Florida, in accordance with Chapter 472, Florida Statutes
- Thorough knowledge of land surveying principle and practices
- Successful history of project/task management
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service and meeting project schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill in planning, organizing, and managing multiple work assignments concurrently
- Familiar with engineering design and construction practices
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development including tuition reimbursement and community involvement.
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.About George F. Young, Inc
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1919 by pioneer engineer and surveyor, George Fleming Young; George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains a Florida owned company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, along with parks and recreation, property transaction, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality, and service have created a collaborative, and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth, and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!