George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our St Petersburg team. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture. We are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best. We want to provide a workplace that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees.
Professional Surveyor & Mapper / Surveyor in Training (SIT) Position:
This individual will be responsible for working on survey projects under the supervision of the Senior Surveyor & Mapper over the Utilities & Transportation Survey in the St Petersburg Office. This position will require a highly motivated individual to work on all technical processes and procedures to complete survey projects from field oversight to processing survey data.
For this Position, we offer benefits that include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time off, Paid Holidays, Life and Disability Insurance.
Responsibilities for this full-time position include the following:
- Perform computations and adjustments of conventional and GPS survey data to establish control and verify positional accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of survey and mapping practice and applicable laws and standards.
- Prepare clear and concise survey reports.
- Perform quality control and assessment of all levels of survey activities.
- Review survey deliverables and ensure compliance with contracts, standards and laws.
- Assists Sr. PSM with direct sales & estimating, as well as proposal writing activities related to all types of land survey work, including transportation, land development and construction stakeout.
- Serves as a project surveyor and designated client manager supervising and monitoring client relationship strategies.
- Highly skilled and proficient in using AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation.
- Must have the flexibility to work with a technical team on survey projects produced in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation.
- Florida Surveyors license with a minimum of 1 year of license experience or Surveyor in Training (SIT) Status.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean Motor Vehicle Report