The George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) team has a passion for innovation. It’s how we’ve served our clients, both public and private, for over 103 years and collaborated to transform the communities we live in for the better.
Our core values of integrity, quality, and service – have created a culture that leaves a lasting impact on those we have the honor to serve in any capacity.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of five years of experience managing multiple projects in various aspects of landscape architecture work. The candidate should have a strong background in several of the following: drawing up plans using CAD software, site surveyance, client liaison, writing and analyzing reports, drawing up contacts, working collaboratively with engineers and surveyors.
The ideal candidate for this position shall include the following:
- Create drawings and more sophisticated plans with computer-aided design (CAD) programs
- Analyze complex environmental reports and use the knowledge gained in design/plans
- Prepare site plans, specifications, estimates and permitting
- Providing recommendations on conservation and sustainability issues
- Managing reports and contracts
- Writing proposals and presenting to clients
- Liaison to fellow architects, engineers, project managers and surveyors
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture
- 5+ years of related experience to Civil/Site
- Florida registered Landscape Architect required
- Must have strong communication, leadership, problem-solving, and calculation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and solutions
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is mandatory
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development, tuition reimbursement, and community involvement.
About George F. Young, Inc:
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1919 by engineer and surveyor, George Fleming Young, who first created the grids for the entire Pinellas County area; George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains an employee-owned Florida company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, along with parks and recreation, property transition, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality and service have created a collaborative and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.