George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated Construction Survey Project Manager to join our growing team in our Gainesville office. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture, we are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best, and we want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees. Our competitive benefits, pay structure, bonus programs, stock options, referral fees, and relocation opportunities can offer peace of mind and planning for your future.
Candidate will be responsible for reviewing construction plans, preparing accurate estimates. Managing field persons on layout projects and reviewing field notes along with daily data. Perform business-development duties promoting George F Young’s layout capabilities. If necessary, the candidate will perform field visits to project sites.
Assists in planning, designing, and directing civil engineering projects by performing the following duties.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 10 years minimum experience in construction layout processes.
- Exemplary communication skills among contractors and site superintendents.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and other construction industry computer related programs
- Ability to analyze structural/architectural and civil plans and drawings for accuracy and completeness and identify potential construction conflicts
- Be familiar with construction processes and related terms/procedures
- Ability to prepare survey grade coordinate geometry worksheets/reports for office and field staff
All full time employees qualify for benefits after 90-day integration period, including health insurance, personal time off and paid holidays.