Our team has been working in a collaborative environment for 104 years with a focus on integrity, quality, and service for all our clients, both public and private. We’ve contributed to the infrastructure of several communities throughout Florida. George F. Young, Inc., (GFY) is invested in the development of our state – with five office locations across Florida, we hire local talent who contribute their expertise to the places our families live and work in.
Our recruitment efforts are different – we’re interested in those ready to apply their passion to turn vision into reality.
GFY is seeking a Civil Engineer Project Manager who is interested in being a part of an influential work environment. This position will primarily be responsible for engineering and technical disciplines including site design, utilities, stormwater, permitting and construction observation. The position will assist in managing all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. You must have the ability to lead technical teams and personally produce final construction deliverables. The ideal candidate will be proficient producing plans in CADD and utilizing diverse design tools to produce and document calculations.
- Produce plans, specifications and required deliverables on assigned projects on time and within budget
- Lead technical teams and provide quality reviews to deliverables. Mentor the project team on procedures, calculations, regulatory requirements, and engineering practice
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the project team
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and effectively explain results and conditions in their projects
- Navigate business development opportunities for the department and company
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 6-10 years of progressive engineering experience. Experience shall include the following:
- Florida Professional Engineer License is required
- Land development engineering projects consisting of urban redevelopment, commercial, mixed-use, institutional, industrial, municipal, and educational site development
- Design of utilities projects components including conveyance, stormwater and small pump facilities for water and wastewater projects
- Working as a design team partner with architects, planners, landscape architects, MEP, and structural engineers
- Executive presence and professionalism image to interact with our clients
- Strong working knowledge of civil engineering design including grading, stormwater, utilities, and roadway design; and familiarity with associated software/programs
- Relationships and familiarity with requirements and permit processes of local regulatory agencies
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a must
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development including tuition reimbursement and community involvement.
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
About George F. Young, Inc:
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1919 by pioneer engineer and surveyor, George Fleming Young; George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains a Florida owned company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, along with parks and recreation, property transaction, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality, and service have created a collaborative, and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth, and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!