The George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) team has a passion for innovation. It’s how we’ve served our clients, both public and private, for over 104 years and collaborated to transform the communities we live in for the better.
Our core values of integrity, quality, and service – have created a culture that leaves a lasting impact on those we have the honor to serve in any capacity.
GFY is seeking an adaptable Civil Engineer – Assistant Project Manager, who is interested in being a part of an influential work environment. This position will primarily be responsible for engineering and technical disciplines including site design, utilities, stormwater, permitting and construction observation. The position will assist in managing all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. The ideal candidate will be proficient producing plans in CADD and utilizing diverse design tools to produce and document calculations.
- Produce plans, specifications and required deliverables on assigned projects on time and within budget
- Lead technical teams and provide quality reviews to deliverables. Mentor the project team on procedures, calculations, regulatory requirements, and engineering practice
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the project team
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and effectively explain results and conditions in their projects
- Prepares and monitors project budget along with assisting in responsibility for the profitability of their projects
- Assists the project manager with maintaining project schedules and timely completion of projects
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff
- Attends client meetings
- Directs and supervises other engineer’s activities within the civil engineering department
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and designs for projects
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a civil engineer graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive engineering experience. Qualifications and abilities shall include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Florida Professional Engineering license preferred but not required.
- 2-4 years of experience in the civil engineering industry
- Private Development experience is a must.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a must.
- Professional image and work ethics on interactions with peers, supervisors, and clients
- Land development engineering projects consisting of urban redevelopment, commercial, mixed-use, institutional, industrial, municipal, and educational site development.
- Design of utilities projects components including conveyance, stormwater and small pump facilities for water and wastewater projects
- Working knowledge of civil engineering design including grading, stormwater, utilities, and roadway design; and familiarity with associated software/programs
- Relationships and familiarity with requirements and permit processes of local regulatory agencies
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development including tuition reimbursement and community involvement.
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
About George F. Young, Inc:
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1919 by pioneer engineer and surveyor, George Fleming Young; George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains a Florida owned company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, along with parks and recreation, property transaction, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality, and service have created a collaborative, and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth, and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!