George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing team in our Tampa/Ybor office. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture, we are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best, and we want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees. Our competitive benefits, pay structure, bonus programs, stock options, referral fees, and relocation opportunities can offer peace of mind and planning for your future.
Assists in planning, designing, and directing civil engineering projects by performing the following duties.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets for projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serves as a project engineer and as a designated client contact.
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Attends client meetings.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Directs and supervises other engineer’s activities
- Handles routine contract administration.
- Prepares or modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Instructs drafts persons / technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Serves as onsite project representative.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Responsible for project manager and/or project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Current FL. Professional Engineers License, valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate for this position should have at least 8+ years of experience that includes the following:
- Project, client and staff management
- Land Development, storm water and utility design experience
- Permitting experience throughout the Tampa Bay area is preferred
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, AdICPR, PONDS and AutoCAD, Civil 3D
All full time employees qualify for benefits after 90-day integration period, including health insurance, personal time off and paid holidays.