George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our St. Petersburg team. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture. We are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best. We want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees.
Utility Locator Tech Position:
This is a full time position with no experience necessary. We will train on the job. Starting pay is $12.50 per hour.
For this Position we offer benefits that include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time off, Paid Holidays, Life and Disability Insurance.
Responsibilities for this full time position include the following:
The Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Locator Tech is responsible for assisting the SUE Lead Locator (crew chief) in all aspects of electronically and physically locating underground utilities.
COMPANY TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED.
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required once trained. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists SUE Lead Locator (Crew Chief) on underground utility location crew.
- Locate underground utilities using Ground Penetrating Radar and other locating devices.
- Drives, operates, and helps maintain vacuum excavation vehicles to provide vertical location and disposition of underground utilities.
- Assists in providing Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) setup, as well as all related safety and other field tasks.
- Keep the vacuum excavation trucks and support vehicles stocked with appropriate equipment, supplies and tools, paints, flags, signs, asphalt, concrete, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work site environment for all utility crew members.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work Outdoors
- Designating/locating experience a plus, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean Motor Vehicle Report