The George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) team has a passion for innovation. It’s how we’ve served our clients, both public and private, for over 104 years and collaborated to transform the communities we live in for the better.
Our core values of integrity, quality, and service – have created a culture that leaves a lasting impact on those we have the honor to serve in any capacity.
GFY is seeking a Vice President of Structural Engineering interested in being a part of an influential work environment. This position will primarily be responsible for structural engineering and technical disciplines, including structural design and analysis of structures, interpreting design codes, completing structural construction documents, and construction observation. The position will assist in managing all the technical activities to ensure project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. You must be able to lead technical teams and personally produce final construction deliverables. The ideal candidate will proficiently produce plans in Revit and utilize various design tools to create document calculations.
- Prepares and monitors project budget along with assisting in responsibility for the profitability of their projects
- Serves as a project manager and as a designated client contact
- Navigates business development opportunities for the department and company
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping, and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Develops in assisting engineering agreements for projects within the department
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff
- Attends client meetings
- Directs and supervises other engineer’s activities within the structural engineering department
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and designs for projects
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Contributes to identifying project opportunities through networking with new and existing clients
- Responsible for the project manager and project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a professional engineer with 12-15 years of progressive engineering experience. Qualifications and abilities shall include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Florida Professional Engineering license is required.
- 12 – 15 years of experience in the structural engineering industry
- Familiarity with the use of Revit is required.
- Demonstrated project management and business development experience to nurture existing clients and develop new multi-disciplined opportunities to expand the practice
- Skill and knowledge to create, suggest, and introduce innovative and effective client solutions and integrated deliverables that are aligned with business objectives
All qualifying employees receive benefits, including health and dental insurance, vision plan, personal time off, paid holidays, professional development, including tuition reimbursement, and community involvement.
George F. Young, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. George F. Young, Inc. participates in the E-verify employment authorization program and is a drug-free workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
About George F. Young, Inc:
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida, in 1919 by pioneer engineer and surveyor George Fleming Young, George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation for over 100 years and remains a Florida-owned company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for land development in educational, healthcare, institutional, municipal, and residential facilities, along with parks and recreation, property transaction, and transportation engineering – while expanding our reach throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin. GFY’s company culture and guiding values – integrity, quality, and service have created a collaborative and dynamic environment that fosters partnership, professional growth, and fulfillment. Explore our careers and become a GFY’er for life!