George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing team in our St. Petersburg office. GFY has been around for nearly 100 years that prides itself on integrity, quality and service to our clients with an eye towards the future. We are looking for a Professional Surveyor who is interested in being part of a diverse work hard, play hard environment. We are looking for a land surveyor with FDOT and Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) experience.
This individual will be responsible for scheduling, planning, forecasting, and managing the resources of all technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. You must have the flexibility to lead technical teams on survey projects produced in Microstation & Civil 3D.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets. Overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects
- Serves as a senior project manager or senior project surveyor on complex projects and as a designated client contact
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects. Prepares responses to requests for qualifications/proposals.
- Develop surveying agreements for his/her projects.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process. Ensure accurate client billing, monitoring and reporting outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Prepare forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Supervise and direct survey crews. Provide guidance and feedback to assist in employee development and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation workflows.
- Supervise and direct survey/CAD technicians in the production of survey deliverables.
- Identifies staff needs, recruits, and reviews, recommends hiring, firing and layoff recommendations.
- Perform computations and adjustments of conventional and GPS survey data to establish control and verify positional accuracy.
- Visits project site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Maintain knowledge of survey and mapping practice and applicable laws and standards.
- Prepare clear and concise survey reports.
- Perform quality control and assessment of all levels of survey activities.
- Review survey deliverables and ensure compliance with contracts, standards and laws.
- Manages significant marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm.
- Responsible for project manager and/or project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
- Must have FDOT Survey experience.
- Possess a Florida Surveyors license with a minimum of 12 years license experience.
- Maintains competency in and serves as major firm resource in field of expertise.