George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing team in our St. Petersburg office. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture, we are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best, and we want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees. Our competitive benefits, pay structure, bonus programs, stock options, referral fees, and relocation opportunities can offer peace of mind and planning for your future.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possess a Florida Surveyors license with a minimum of 5 years license experience or a Bachelor’s degree in surveying, geomatics or similar from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum 4 years experience or the equivalent thereof. Hydrographic, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), and FDOT experience preferred but not a required. A SIT (Surveyor In Training) with 4 years experience and the ability to obtain a survey license maybe considered.
Land surveyor for planning, designing, and directing surveying projects by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets. Overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serve as project manager or project surveyor and as designated client contact.
- Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies.
- Attend client/project meetings.
- Coordinate and approve pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects. Assist in preparing responses to requests for qualifications/proposals.
- Develop surveying agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process. Ensure accurate client billing, monitoring and reporting outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Visit project sites to monitor job progress.
- Prepare forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Supervise and direct survey crews. Provide guidance and feedback to assist in employee development and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation workflows and standards and Hypack. Supervise and direct survey/CAD technicians in the production of survey deliverables.
- Occasionally direct and supervise other surveyor’s and draftspersons/technicians activities.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and schedule maintenance and calibration for survey instruments and data collection software. Research new equipment and assess feasibility of adoption.
- Perform computations and adjustments of conventional and GPS survey data to establish control and verify positional accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of survey and mapping practice and applicable laws and standards.
- Prepare clear and concise survey reports.
- Perform quality control and assessment of all levels of survey activities. Review survey deliverables and ensure compliance with contracts, standards and laws.