George F. Young (GFY) is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing team in our St. Petersburg office. At GFY we are proud of our work dynamic and culture, we are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best, and we want to provide a work place that assures creative thinking, growth and balance. Being founded 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality and service to our clients and employees. Our competitive benefits, pay structure, bonus programs, stock options, referral fees, and relocation opportunities can offer peace of mind and planning for your future.
The primary duty of the Civil Designer is to, under minimal supervision, develop complex engineering drawings, and be able to prepare designs and estimates from general instruction and/or preliminary sketches, diagrams or schematics. In addition, the Civil Designer may recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification, and prepare working drawings from conceptual layouts to detailed finished products. The Civil Designer will coordinate CADD projects with other discipline personnel, and prepare/assemble project deliverables, as well as, develop basic to mid-level designs/layouts, and prepare basic design calculations. This position requires effective time-management.
- 4 + years of experience in civil design for private land development and government projects required.
- Must be knowledgeable in basic construction practices for civil/structural fieldwork and have the ability to generate drawings for engineers and make suggestions for further development.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2018, Civil 3D, as well as familiar with Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent analytical and math skills are a must.
- Must have effective written, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills to be able to work well in teams.
All full time employees qualify for benefits after 90-day integration period, including health insurance, personal time off and paid holidays.